Pre-Read and Questionnaire
In preparation for your upcoming engagement with TellPeople, please take 5-10 minutes to review and complete this questionnaire. The responses will help make sure you get the most out of the experience.
At the end of the questionnaire there is some important information about preparing for the engagement and what will happen at the sessions. It will be helpful for you to take 3-5 minutes to review that information.
If you have any questions, you can send an email at: email@example.com.
Prior to the first session, it will be helpful for you to think of some situations in your life where it's important that you communicate clearly with some other person/people.
Specifically, prior to the session please think of the following:
- At least one person with whom you want to communicate better. (Examples include clients, students, colleagues, people you are negotiating with, people you are presenting to)
- At least one scenario where it's important that people listen to you and clearly understand what you say. (Examples include explaining things to client/colleagues, advancing positions in a negotiation, presenting information to other people)
Specific examples will be more useful than general examples. (So, instead of, "I need to clearly communicate my ideas to clients", think of a specific client and the specific idea.)
You don't have to divulge anything confidential. It will simply be more helpful for you when we practice the tools if you have in mind some specific examples.
General Expectations for the Engagement
Our first session together will lasts three hours (including breaks). What will happen is:
- I will introduce a tool for improving the way you communicate with other people
- We will workshop that tool using example(s) from your life
- We will do this 4-5 times (the specific tools depends on your responses to the questionnaire)
I will also tell some entertaining stories that we can use, throughout the workshop, to illustrate how the various tools can work. You can ask questions at any time.
Before the session starts I will remind you of all of this and also let you know when we will take breaks.
Some things you may want to bring are a pen or pencil and some paper.
We will discuss homework and the follow-up session at the end of the first session.