1. Pre-workshop questionnaire
Thank you for attending an upcoming workshop from TellPeople.
Please take 5 minutes to review and complete this questionnaire, which will help you get the most out of the workshop.
At the end of the questionnaire there is some important information about preparing for the workshop and what will happen at the workshop. It will be helpful for you to take 3-5 minutes to review that information.
If you have any questions, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Preparing for the workshop
In advance of the workshop, it will be helpful for you to think of some situations where it's important that you communicate clearly with other people.
Specifically, prior to the workshop please think of the following:
- At least one person with whom you want to communicate better. (Examples include clients, colleagues, people you are negotiating with, people you are presenting to.)
- At least one scenario where it's important that people listen to you and clearly understand what you say. (Examples include explaining things to client/colleagues, advancing positions in a negotiation, presenting information to other people.)
Specific examples will be more useful than general examples. (So, instead of, "I need to clearly communicate my ideas to clients", think of a specific client and a specific idea.)
You don't have to divulge anything confidential in the workshop. It will simply be more helpful for you when we practice the tools if you have in mind some specific examples.
3. General expectations for the workshop
This is a participatory workshop that lasts 90-minutes. What will happen is:
- I will introduce a tool for improving the way you communicate with other people
- We will break into pairs and practice using the tool for 6-8 minutes
- We will reconvene to talk about how it went to practice the tool
- We will do this three times (once for each tool)
I will also tell some entertaining stories that we can use, throughout the workshop, to illustrate how the various tools can work. You can ask questions at any time.
Before the workshop starts I will remind you of all of this and also let you know when we will take breaks. It will be very easy for you to calibrate your attention over the 90-minutes.
You will not be asked to tell a story to the group or otherwise speak in front of everyone. You will be invited to share relevant experiences/challenges from your own life and work, if you think that would be helpful.
Some things you may want to bring to the workshop are a pen or pencil and some paper.